Boat Cleaning Volunteers
A Sailing Reprieve For Those Affected by Cancer and All Who Love
The BOAT CLEANING (weekly) volunteers create a link between our Healing Winds community respite sailing program and our greater Vermont community members.
Each Boat Cleaning volunteer is an ambassador of Healing Winds Vermont’s mission which is to provide respite for cancer patients and all those who love them, and acts accordingly. Keeping our vessel clean is key to providing an excellent experience for all passengers and crew.
Our Boat Cleaning Schedule will be on a weekly basis, and we are asking that each volunteer who would like to be a Crew member, also commit to at least 4 hours of volunteer time within the organization throughout the year. Your hours will be documented and tracked.
The Boat Cleaning Committee Composition
Volunteers who are available to commit to 30-45 minutes a week to do basic cleaning inside the vessel as well as outside on deck. Anyone who is physically capable of climbing up and down the companionway and doesn’t mind getting dirty are encouraged to help!
Boat Cleaning Volunteers responsibilities include:
- Vacuuming down below
- Wiping down the head(s)
- Mopping, polishing brass and stainless steel
- Cleaning bulkheads, fridge, stove etc
- Organize chart table and air out the vessel
- Must be physically capable of moving around the vessel while at the dock
- Training on exact responsibilities that are needed will be provided on board at beginning of the season
- 4-6 hours per month (include meeting and special cleaning requests)